"What do the depression statistics reveal?"
"20 Million Adults Suffer Each Year. Do You?"
Each year in the U.S. alone, 9.5 percent suffer with a depression of some sort, or about 20.9 million adults (18 and older). (Depressive disorders include major depressive disorder, dysthymic disorder, and bipolar disorder).
• Nearly twice as many women (12.0 percent) as men (6.6 percent) are affected by a depressive disorder each year. That’s 12.4 million women and 6.4 million men in the U.S. every year!
• Depression appears to be happening today more frequently than in the past.
• Depression gets worse with drug and alcohol abuse.
• One in five Americans are depressed or unhappy, and report high levels of stress, anxiety and sadness. (Reuters Health, HealthCentral.com - Nov. 2000)
• In any given one-year period, 9.5% of the population, or about 18.8 million Americans suffer from a depressive illness.(NIMH)
• 35 million Americans each year suffer from SAD according to JAMA. (Energy Times, Jan. 1998)
"How do you lessen the statistics?"
Because of these statistics as well as my own story of depression, I set out to share the research that made a difference in my life. I’m glad that my own painful experience can now be used to share with you what truly cures depression. You can learn more about the thousands of hours of research I compiled in a report entitled, “6 Powerful Ingredients to Cure Your Depression” according to research found in medical journals (See link below).
My desire is that the depression statistics around the world will begin to get smaller as the word spreads. Share the good news!
Every drop in the ocean counts! It's my hope that my drop will make a ripple.
There is hope! You are worth it!
Depression Article Index
Back to Home from Depression Statistics
JAMA: The Journal of the American Medical Association
National Institute of Mental Health
Reuters Health, HealthCentral.com - Nov. 2000
Energy Times, Jan. 1998