Tuna Melts for Beating Depression?!!
by Merri Ellen
yummy tuna melts for beating the depression blues
I love Tuna Melts!
When I start feeling low during a rainy winter in western Canada, I make them for lunch! My boys love them too and so they're great for their own mental development. This recipe combines the seafood with healthy tomatoes and celery - more powerful weapons for your mind.
* 2 (6 ounce) cans solid white tuna in water, drained
* 1/4 cup mayonnaise
* 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
* 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
* 1 tablespoon lemon juice
* 1 pinch salt
* 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
* 4 slices seedless rye bread
* 8 slices ripe tomato
* 8 slices Cheddar cheese (Havarti is great too!)
1. Preheat the oven broiler.
2. In a bowl, mix the tuna, mayonnaise, oregano, lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Place the rye bread slices on a baking sheet, and broil 1 minute in the preheated oven, until lightly toasted. Remove from heat, and spread with the tuna salad. Place 1 cheese slice over the tuna salad on each piece of bread, layer with a tomato slice, and top with remaining cheese slices.
4. Return layered bread to the preheated oven, and broil 3 to 5 minutes, until cheese is melted.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Seafood Recipes.