1. Think of the top 3 people you see most often during the week. Are they positive people or pessimistic people? Do they give you a glimpse of hope and joy or do they squash it all?
I only see my husband. He is wonderful but I do crave the company of others. I guess I am lonely.
2. Where do you want to see yourself after being depression free? What do you want to be doing with your life?
I don't want to be 'doing' anything major different. I just want to be happy so that I can enjoy life more and get more out of life unhindered. A job would be nice too. Just part time for some social interaction.
3. As you think about your depression, what do you think it may be teaching you about yourself?
I really haven't a clue.
4. What or who makes you angry?
I don't really get angry
5. What or who makes you sad?
All sorts of things make me sad. I just feel sad and I don't even know why?
6. What or who brings you joy? My art, my cats, my husband, nature, the weather, all sorts of things.
Thanks for sharing Natalie. Sounds like you may have even figured something out just by doing this questionnaire (a need for social interaction and community). I hope that you will be able to see the things you enjoy doing and are good at and can find an opportunity to bless others with that! Even just volunteering can do wonders.
I'm glad to share our research with you. Blessings to you as you go through this research to dig deeper into your depression to see what you could be missing.
Don't give up! There is hope!
- Merri Ellen