Numb and Lost
by Michelle Roberts
(Seminole, Florida, USA)
1. Think of the top 3 people you see most often during the week. Are they positive people or pessimistic people? Do they give you a glimpse of hope and joy or do they squash it all?
I only see my boyfriend, that lives with me, my 15 year old son and people I play poker with.
2. Where do you want to see yourself after being depression free? What do you want to be doing with your life?
I want to want to do things; I want to know what I want to do; I want things to do; I want to help others; I want to put my education and great personality to use.
3. As you think about your depression, what do you think it may be teaching you about yourself?
I am lost in the world; I don't know where I fit in any longer; I have no friends; I have no family; I need to belong; I need to be useful; I need to do things.
4. What or who makes you angry? my boyfriend~mean people, my mom, my brother
5. What or who makes you sad? my boyfriend, my older son
6. What or who brings you joy? my younger son, nice people
7. What’s one thing, after reading our 6 steps report, that you do not do in your life and you want to start doing this week?
taking vitamins, consuming less sugar & alcohol (although began that already), exercise ( I keep starting and stopping), find my purpose or place in life.