Dealing with Depression is exasperating!!!
(Tampa, FL., U.S.)
1. Think of the top 3 people you see most often during the week. Are they positive people or pessimistic people? Do they give you a glimpse of hope and joy or do they squash it all?
The Top 3 people I see most often during the week are My wife Debbie, my 9-year-old son Brendan, and currently that is about it. I am in a severe state of depression, and currently spend 18 hours a day sleeping. I am unemployed. My wife and my son are a huge glimpse of hope for me, as is my Faith in God.
2. Where do you want to see yourself after being depression free? What do you want to be doing with your life?
Since I have spent the first 49 years of my life, doing “battle” in a Corporate World, and chasing the once almighty dollar, I want to spend the rest of my years doing God’s work.
3. As you think about your depression, what do you think it may be teaching you about yourself?
Since this is my third major bout with depression, it is teaching me I need to consider a “cure” other than medications that supposedly “maintain” or “eradicate” the symptoms. 1993-4; 2000-1, 2007-8……seemingly there is a 7 year pattern, which is very puzzling to me, and I want to learn about natural remedies. It’s also teaching me that I had better get at the source of this problem, or its going to haunt me forever.
4. What or who makes you angry?
What makes me angry is the bouts with depression seemingly correspond with downturns in the economic climate, which leads to worry, fear, anxiety, and ultimately a completely depressed state. Our own Government and the Federal Reserve, and the Federal Reserve Act of 1913 make me very angry.
5. What or who makes you sad?
Having my 9 year old son and my wife see me this way, and the affect it is having on my family, and our finances. It makes me very sad.
6. What or who brings you joy?
Being able to provide for my family, and see smiles on their faces, and having fun with my family; that truly makes me happy. Spending quality time with my son, and my wife….that’s really what makes me truly happy.