I hate my medecine because I can't concentrate on it, so I stopped taking it. I think things are getting worse.
1. Think of the top 3 people you see most often during the week. Are they positive people or pessimistic people? Do they give you a glimpse of hope and joy or do they squash it all?
They are positive, but their positivity just upsets me because it shows me how different I am. It makes me feel very isolated.
2. Where do you want to see yourself after being depression free? What do you want to be doing with your life?
I want to see myself with my old energy and motivation for my schoolwork. I want to be learning and working on independent research and writing for journals.
3. As you think about your depression, what do you think it may be teaching you about yourself?
It makes me think that I am very different from everyone else in the world. I don't feel like people see the world the same as I do, or that I am very removed from everything. I feel very separate-there's the rest of the world and me.
4. What or who makes you angry?
Criticism, my mother, my father, my therapist, feeling helpless, frustration, falling short of what I used to be capable of, feeling like I'll never be the same, my boyfriend, patronizing praise.
5. What or who makes you sad?
Criticism, my mother, my father, my therapist, feeling helpless, frustration, falling short of what I used to be capable of, feeling like I'll never be the same, my boyfriend.
6. What or who brings you joy?
Success, satisfaction with my performance.