My college life.
by Tanya R
My name is Tanya Reyes... Going to college in NM. 19 years old, freshmen, and major Psychology and in Army ROTC.
1. Think of the top 3 people you see most often during the week. Are they positive people or pessimistic people? Do they give you a glimpse of hope and joy or do they squash it all?
I see my roommate the most, she is a go getter and always in a good mood. She could make me laugh without trying. the second person is a old friend from high school, she is one of the reasons I came to college, she not always there for me but would never let me fall. She is a smart and a good person that motivates me. Know my weakness more then my strengths. Third person is a new guy I meet in college, carrying guy always saying I'm doing good even tho I'm not. But is slowly pulling away and I don't know why, so I blame myself
2. Where do you want to see yourself after being depression free? What do you want to be doing with your life?
After this depression I want to have self esteem about ROTC and say that I can be as good as anyone else or better. I want to see success in me like I use to, stop beating on myself. And meet new people so they could know the real me, not this sad, angry depressed girl.
3. As you think about your depression, what do you think it may be teaching you about yourself?
I guess what it is teaching me is that I'm not good with change and that I care to much of what people think of me. And that my friends and family is a great big part of my happiness.
4. What or who makes you angry?
My lack of fitness makes me angry, and myself for not doing better at school. or having a job yet and that I feel my mom and dad are not trying. And that I'm to much of a coward to tell anyone how i fell.
5. What or who makes you sad?
Leaving my mom, that I miss my friends, that I make someone love me for who I am. That people think of me as mean careless person.
6. What or who brings you joy?
Music brings me joy lets me escape, my friends here, my guy when his around. People that tell me I'm strong even tho I'm crying.