Share Your Depression
1. Think of the top 3 people you see most often during the week. The top 3 people I see most often during the week are my husband, my kids, and my piano students. Are they positive people or pessimistic people? My husband is very pessimistic, my kids for the most part are positive, and my piano students are positive.Do they give you a glimpse of hope and joy or do they squash it all? My husband squishes it all, my kids always support me, and my piano students worship me.
2. Where do you want to see yourself after being depression free? Happy. What do you want to be doing with your life? I enjoy helping others. I currently have 2 exchange students and have another one coming next year. I am also going to take care of foster children. I enjoy doing this type of thing but I want to be able to be happy doing this type of thing.
3. As you think about your depression, what do you think it may be teaching you about yourself? That I have spent most of my life unhappy. I was adopted as a child and unhappy then. My first marriage I was very depressed, my second marriage isn't much better. I thought when I was younger if I had a baby I would be happy but I wasn't. I thought if I got married after having a baby I would be happy but I wasn't. I thought if I married someone I really cared a lot about I would be happy but I'm not. I thought if I helped out other kids by opening my home to them I would be happy and sometimes I am. But most of the time I am still unhappy.
4. What or who makes you angry? my husband
5. What or who makes you sad? my husband
6. What or who brings you joy? my kids
7. What's one thing, after reading our 6 steps report, that you do not do in your life and you want to start doing this week? not a clue.
Thanks Lori for sharing. You are right - no one person can make us happy. Thanks for allowing me to walk you through the e-course to share with you some insights. Hold on, let's walk the journey together!
There is hope!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Depression Life Lessons and Goals.